Tuesday, May 12, 2015

#LifeOfAMidwife: Birth Happens

Birth Happens! Sometimes it happens so quickly that you barely have time to catch the sweet baby, let alone make it all the way inside the birth center! This handsome babe kept his parents in suspense, with a couple trips to the center with "false" alarms but then when he decided to make his move for real we didn't even get through the front door and only made it to the top of the stairwell. Both baby and Mama were fantastic and healthy, the baby was even born en caul. We quickly moved inside after the birth and they had a lovely postpartum recovery. This is a picture that I took later of the "aftermath" of the quick, beautiful birth. Then I had A LOT of scrubbing to do.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That is crazy...and your right birth happens, wherever and whenever. :-) I am about 15 days away from my due date and my new goal is to make it through the door. :-) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! And we'll get you through that door 😉

      Delete

  2. What a fun anecdote, thanks for sharing! You midwives are so cool!

    ReplyDelete